With the services of a remote data storage, or a remote backup server provider you can be sure your important files remain safe and accessible at all times.
Fortunately for small and medium sized businesses, remote data backup services have become more affordable, and it’s relatively easy to find a good service provider.
Remote backup server systems are usually built around a client software program that collects your data, then compresses it, encrypts it and transfers it to a server. Typically, this process is carried out on a daily basis. There are several advantages to online backup, including:
1. Your files will remain available and can be accessed remotely from any location with an Internet connection. Files stored locally, as on a hard drive, are not accessible remotely.
2. Online backup providers adhere to rigorous practices that virtually eliminate the possibility of your data being completely destroyed due to a disaster.
3. Your backups will be physically safe. Remote online backup protects your hardware and software against theft, failure, and natural disaster, whereas backups kept on a hard drive, CD or DVD are still vulnerable to such occurrences.
4. Online backup services include such security measures as traffic encryption, password protection for stored files and secure file sharing.
5. Many online backup vendors offer real-time backup protection at no extra cost, a service that most businesses will want to take advantage of.
6. For many businesses, online backup can be much more cost-effective than the offline alternative.
7. You will retain the ability to restore your data via the Internet or by purchasing a CD or USB drive containing all the data you have stored on the backup provider’s server.
With a remote backup server of all your important files, you can be assured that your information is safe and easily retrievable should a disaster occur.